Thursday, October 14, 2010

The beginning of our story.

{little side note before we get started here; some of you might be wondering what a "shmee" is, and all I can say is that it is mine and Sam's version of "babe" and we over use it and people hate it, but we love it.}

Well friends this is our blog!
Inspired and encouraged by my dear friends, Katy Reed and Amy Allen. This is a way for the three of us to feel some what connected with each other. With the Reed's living in Washington, Allen's living in Chicago, and the Nowlin's living in Santa Cruz we are all a bit distant, but getting to share tidbits of our new lives with each other ,and with our friends and family, is going to be an adventure!

As most you must already know, Sam and I are Married!! We were wed on October 2, 2010, and it was so much fun! (even if we can't seem to remember everything that happened...it all seems like a blur now) Right now we are trying to just enjoy being Mr. and Mrs. Nowlin. Which is soooo fun for me (Monica) It's so weird and cool when I get to tell people that Sam is my husband, and I know he feels the same way. We are also moving me (Monica) into the "Shmee Shack" (this is what we call our tiny apartment) and this has been really funny...really funny (pictures coming soon). Moving is a bit rough due to the fact that we work so much ,and actually want to see eachother at the end of the day, that we don't seem to make time to pack, unpack, and actually haul stuff over. Due to our laziness/business we are sleeping in our sleeping bags on the floor, because we were not going to try and fit on a twin size bed! However, my amazing family (Aunt Kelly and Uncle Larry) bought us sleeping bags that zip together, so don't worry we still get to cuddle.  
We are so excited about life and everything that is going to be thrown at us, and I hope to keep you all in the loop with whats up with the shmees!


Here are some sneak-peeks the amazing photographer Erica Sergio (stubbelfield) sent over a few days ago. I can't wait to see all of them, and thought you all might enjoy seeing some as well.






my husband is SEXY!

4 comments:

  1. those zip together sleeping bags are awesome, huh?
    they remind me (tyler reed) of our camping trip to big sur.
    i miss you guys a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In our first apartment we had two twin beds shoved together. They didn't always stay together and that could get interesting at the wrong time Opps!- Susan Nowlin Pasini

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are perfect. Miss you two. Sam, SOA tomorrow? Surf Saturday? I'll help you move after.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are adorable. I look forward to reading along in your journey through marriage! I'll be taking tips for when Cam & I get married one day. Love you guys....

    ReplyDelete