Monday, February 27, 2012

Hobbies

I never thought I had a real hobbie. Sam and I have actually had very many discussions about this very subject. It always amazed him that I don't really have a hobbie (well at least I thought I didn't), being that he has so many. Fear not friends I have learned that I DO in fact have a hobbie! It's cooking/baking/having fun with food things.
I realized that it really relaxes me and I actually enjoy cooking things. If i have free time I am usually baking or cooking up something. Yesterday was no different, we were stuck inside the house ALL DAY because my little Shmee love is sick. We didn't want to be out in the windy cold air, so we walked to the store down the street and bought some supplies for salsa. After making my favorite food in the world-- Pico De Gallo-- I decided I was not done making things. So I moved on to the world of baked goods. I was gifted a bunch of yummy meyer lemons, so I searched the web (mainly pinterest) to find a good little treat that I  could make out of very little ingredience. I ended up finding this recipe for blueberry lemon scones, from the website budgetbytes (I love love love this site if you haven't looked at it yet do it now!) These were so easy and quick to make. They were dangerously good! I would have eaten almost all of them had I not wanted to give some to the woman at my work. thank goodness for that. I didnt make my scones in the traditional triangle shapes, i chose a heart shape from my crate and barrel year of cookie cutters. Next time I think I will mix it up a little and do a few different shapes.
Happy Baking
-M
Pre-baking



After baking and decorating


2 comments: