Monday, May 23, 2011

World Wide Web



Add caption
 I found myself lurking the Internet , in search of marriage blogs. I was curious as to what the world wide web would have to offer. Sadly , but not surprisingly, the first things that came up were "help save my marriage," "support gay marriage," "divorce help!" It's such a sad thing to see BUT there is hope. There are a bunch of
really good blogs out there that encourage Christan couples and offer great resources. It might just be me but these blogs seems hard to get to or like they are trying to sale something. I just want to see some raw truth about a marriage that has Christ as it's center, not buy someones book.

(bear with me I'm going to get side tracked right now)
As I have said before in this blog I have found myself searching for a deeper relationship with God not only for me but for everyone around me. As most of you know I did the Joshua program at Hume Lake Christan Camps (http://www.humelake.org/) by far one of the best things God ever did for me. At that time in my life I was lost, except i didn't know it. Joshua did not wipe away all those feeling and hard times and Joshua left me with a lot of questions and not enough answers. I actually found myself being very very bitter after the program was done because of some of the staff and how some things played out. HOWEVER I did have the most amazing one on one time with my maker. I don't know if I've had that same kind of alone time since then. I also got one amazing husband out of the program as well.

(now I'm getting back on track...sort of)
So what do I plan to do with all these thoughts I have and all the lurking on the Internet? Well, I'm not quite sure yet to be honest. I did only think about these things a few moments ago....well actually I wasn't just thinking I could feel God urging me to be with him and in return my heart felt like it was going to explode because I love him so much and I gladly moved with urgency. SO what I think I would like to do is start a journal one that is private and can be kept close to me and Sam. This journal will be for us to write about our love, married life so far, our sex life, babies, struggles, friends, what God is doing and what we are doing for God. Are you confused? isn't that what this blog is all about? Yes! it is meant to be just that.... but as you can obviously see it has kind of turned into just me (which is great because I love it!) Sam is a bit more private than me and that's something I love about him, it keeps me from too many TMI situations. I think a journal where we can write as a couple and individually will be one giant step for us in the right direction and we can eventually share them with people who might be randomly lurking the Internet one day.
 I love blogging and will continue to do so, and will still share all my drama, love, marriage craziness, random thoughts, and ideas. But I would really like to look deeper in myself and see how I can be stronger, more loving, and an encouragement to other newly married woman. It's a bit sad when a newlywed searches the Internet for some marriage advice and all they get are signs of failed marriages. Pray for me and for understanding.


a million thoughts going on

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment