Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Weekend and relizations

Oh wow, I had a great long weekend. I have a lot to talk about so excuse me if some of this seems random, everything was really fun but it seems like on big blur for some reason.
The private road
 I got off work Thursday around 6 and went to our friends Matt and Ryan's house to make dinner. I made a pasta dish I had never made before, and it turned out pretty stinkin good! I was very proud of myself. Ryan introduced us to the show "Life with Earl" it is really funny, a bit inappropriate, but still funny. Friday was just as fun, we went on a motorcycle ride with our good friends Nich and Rebekkah. We have done this a few times with them and Sam had mapped out a little ride for us, but little did we know that google maps takes you to weird places. The map took us to this private dirt road that was crazy....bumpy...dusty... and very very long. It felt like we were at Hume lake on a really long and high fire road. The views were worth all the bumps and shaking baby syndrome we experienced. Once we came down from that crazy land we were starving and also HAD TO get to the O'Neill sale. Of course I got nachos at the Mexican place we went to: Realization Number 1: Nachos give me the worst stomach ache ever...and the worst gas (TMI?) At the sale mighty power rangers were saling lemonade so of course we got some. But most importantly i finally got my own wetsuit. No more wearing Seth's old ones that have holes in them...yay. We finally ventured home and took a nap, the funny thing is that Sam is very bad at taking naps but we both just crashed for 3 or 4 hours; it was so nice and cozy. The rest of the night we spent with each other riding bikes to verve coffee then to pleasure point. Then ended the night with sometime in our Harry Potter book.


The Inciters
Saturday we such a lazy relaxing day Sam went surfing in the morning and I decided it was time for me to get off my butt and get some exercise, so I went for a really really long run. The weather was so perfect and my body seemed to just want to keep running. To end a perfect run and surf session we had waffles mmmmmm. Then we just hung out with one another. That is the thing I loved most about this long weekend, Sam and I got to spend so much time with one another the kind of time we always want to have with one another. Later that night Sam had to go to work : ( and I went to go see our friends band The Inciters (check these people out they are sooooo good!) Of course the night ended with cuddling. The next morning we slept in very late, this was a real treat because for some reason we wake up at 8 every morning, but not this day! Realization 2: We need more rest we are usually trying to get too many things done during our rest time...we practiced slowing everything down. Sam surfed again and I did a project for the house. I have been painting everything we have because everything just seems out of sorts to me. I love seeing our little home come together one painted piece of furniture and hang of art at a time. The weather was so nice too it was just a good time being in the sun all by myself just painting a chair... now i think i know why people like to paint (though I am far from a painter or artist) I see how it can be therapeutic. We did some people watching at sunny cove and then it just so happened a bunch of our friends wanted to get together. The decision was made that we would do another "squeeze in" at the shmee shack. Dinner and drink at the Nowlins; the menu baked manicati, bread, salad, broccoli and asparagus. It was too much fun it's always interesting when everyone gets together in our place, it's pretty tiny and we usually end up segregated girls in the kitchen at the booth table, and boys in the living with all the comfy seats. It was nice to hear from a lot of our friends how much our home has changed, we don't notice as much any more because we live in it everyday but some people had not been here since we actually got furniture. Realization 3: I love our friends.


Ok now for Memorial day, Sam and I were woken up by Kyle Pitchford and Per ( kyle who i thought wasn't going to be able to leave out house the night before but i guess he did ) Then he and Seth went surfing. Sam loves Seth so much so it's so cute when they get together (it's cute to me but probably not to them)



Matt and Ryan

Then I finished up my chair project and we headed off to Matt and Ryan's again for a memorial day BBQ with all the friends again. Realization 4: Sam should not sit directly in the sun for 4 hours. We met some new friends that traveled from New York and that was neat too. Realization 5: I am too mean sometimes... and not in a "mean" way but in a judging way and I do not like it! Sam did a very good job telling me this in a loving kind way. I can't change everyone of my friends to make good decisions (well what Monica thinks are good decisions) they have to want those things for themselves. So after this very enlightening tip from my husband I am taking a new approach. After all the grub and friend time we headed over to the other Nowlins and had some more food and hang out time with them. It felt like we had not seen them forever so it was really nice to catch up and laugh with them. Realization 6: I have really really awesome in-laws, I'm so lucky! and this was our very long very nice weekend give and take a few memories.

girl time

Sam roasting in the sun

love

-M




1 comment: