Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sam is 24

cute
I was so happy to celebrate Sam yesterday for his 24th birthday. It really brings me an overwhelming amount of joy to be his wife. The whole day i was excited to celebrate him and love on him. Then once he finally got off work I got to squeeze him and hug him... we did have a bit of family drama that put a damper on the fun and squeezing we were doing, but like all family drama it finally fizzled out. Then we were back to hugging and being happy about Sam being another year older.

lots of planes in this place very cute
I ordered Sams' gifts a little too late so I was present-less but still told him what I had gotten him. I said "I got you an ipod!" he was moderately happy about this.... then i said "and we are going to Zuniga's for dinner" and Sam was really really excited anout this.
 So basically he was more excited about eating at one of his child hold restaurants than getting a new ipod ha ha that's Sam for ya. However, I can see why he loved Zuniga's so much his family has so many memories there. I enjoyed hearing about all the things that they used to do as kids, and since the restaurant was at the Watsonville airport we watched people land and take off in their private planes. The food was soooooooo good and we ate way too much and both ended up having gas for the rest of the night, and maybe into the morning as well ha.

One sad thing we noticed while we were there was a really unhappy married couple. It broke my heart to see how unhappy these people were, and how there just didn't seem to be any love between them. it's weird that these situations (which we don't run into often) make me cling to Sam more. I feel like i need to make up for what they're lacking, I need to hold Sam so  he knows I love him more than anything... which he already knows but it's just nice to make him feel it. I prayed for the couple because I have no clue what they're going through and i prayed for us because I don't want us to end up like that. is that horrible to think? Oh well that's how i really feel. I'm sure we wont and I'm happy about that.

I love my wonderful, silly, over emotional, handsome, cuddly, smart, funny, caring husband and I am so happy that i get to spend the rest of his birthdays with him and celebrate the man God has made him.

No comments:

Post a Comment