Friday, January 13, 2012

Healthy Life Goals.

I promise to stop before i look like this.
I didn't make a new years resolution t loose weight or eat healthy, but I did make a "bet" or "deal" with Sam that I wouldn't eat sweets until valentines day. So, I have been working out pretty regularly to try and keep my mind off all the goodies I can't have (even though it's only the 13th and i have already cheated once but i love sweets!!). In taking this challenge I'm noticing that I am way out of shape. I use to be able to run about 8 miles and not be dead at the end. Now I run about three and I want to throw up. I'm not training for a marathon or anything but I want to like running again.


I went to the gym with Miss. Katie Hund this morning and went to my first ever strength training class. It kicked my butt (in a good way) and made me really want to get into a good stage of  physical health. Along with this Sam and I are progressively cutting meat out of our diets right now. This isn't because we want to be vegetarians or anything but because we just need a little break. We are also focusing on eating a bit better for ourselves right now. I think its a step in the right direction.

I found this really cute couple that has a blog about making good and healthy meals together. I think I'm so into it because they do almost all the cooking with each other. Now only if i could get Sam do this. Any who, check it out here, it's worth a look.

Heres to trying new things and sprucing up some old things as well.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment