Thursday, January 12, 2012

Connected

Santa Cruz harbor... Our backyard

I hung out with some girlfriends last night and realized how much I have grown here in Santa Cruz. Sometimes I get down and really miss all the people I love in Turlock. I miss knowing tons of people when I drive down the street or go into a store. I miss lots of other things too, but last night I realized how connected I am here. I also got to talk to Sam about how much I love him (this is a common thing I like to do to remind him of all the things I love about him). One was that he was so encouraging when I first moved here. I would get down a lot because I felt really lonely and like I had no friends. But he was always there telling me I'm great ect ect...
I love living here. I love being able to sit in our little apartment and hear the ocean. I love that I have friends that I can talk to about anything and they still love me the same (even if I have veggie farts) I love that Sams' family has become my family. I could keep going on forever because God has truly given me a gift by placing me here for this season of my life. Who knows where I will be in a few years from now, but for now I am glad that I'm in SC. As long as I get to snuggle Sam every night and every morning I don't care where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment