Sunday, March 11, 2012

Lemon Tart

what the tart is supposed to look like (image from whisksandwhimsy)

I took a stab at a tart today. I guess you could call it a tart, even though i didn't use a tart pan (i don't have one but i improvised and used a glass 1in deep pie pan). This recipe seemed simple enough and I was once again gifted a bunch of Meyer lemons. (They are now my new favorite thing for everything! sweet and tangy you can't go wrong) So I had told my co-worker that gave me lemons that I would try this tart. So I am.
I'm not going to say this tart was easy to make, but it also wasn't hard. The fact is that it is time consuming, which i really don't mind usually, but today i was annoyed by it.
Any way my tart is cooling so pictures will follow and i ran into a problem with the filling not hardening. I actually wrote the woman at whisksandwhimsy to see if this might be normal. So as soon as I know you should know. The recipe is really simple to follow and i think had I actually used all the materials I was supposed to then I wouldn't have had any problems. 


Crust:
1 1/2 cups flour, plus more for dusting
1/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes, room temperature
1 egg
Filling:
Zest of 2 lemons
3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 3-4 lemons)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, plus 1 yolk
3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
Garnish:
6 ounces fresh raspberries
2 teaspoons sugar
Powered sugar for dusting

happy baking
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment