Monday, August 1, 2011

Donner lake 2011

First let me just say I'm amazed I'm blogging right now! I'm on my cell phone, next to my sleeping husband and I'm blogging....technology is crazy to me sometimes.
Well as most of you that actually read this blog know we are up at the Nowlin's favorite place on earth- DONNER LAKE! And yes it is named after the Donner party that ate eachother. This is my first year being here as a married couple and for a whole week. I have to say I was really nervous because Donner is a very special place for everyone in the family and I didn't want to somehow mess that up (excuse me that's just my insecurity talking) of course I know I can't but I'm just of those worriers.
Now we are on day 3 of vacation and man does it feel great to be here We literally have NOTHING we have to do, but just relax and have fun... Amazing right? Yesterday I was really hard for me to relax because I'm so used to having a bunch of things to do all day that slowing down and doing nothing was hard. However, I got in relax mode eventually. Sam,of course has no problem with relaxing , and like i said Donner is his favorite place on earth so why not enjoy it. After all this internal battle subdued we had so much fun:
Wakeboarding, reading, sunbathing, swimming, riding bikes, eating yummy food, boat rides, and just hanging out.God is so big an being here helps me to remember that. He not only allows us to enjoy our family but also his amazing creation. Donner is so beautiful, from the trees to the lake its all here and our Lord create it all! My mind is always being blown at this thought.

Please excuse any misspellings and the fact I don't have pictures like I said I'm on a cell phone doing this.
More days of vacation to come and more blogging, hopefully, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment