Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Japanese Christmas

First ever Sushi Christmas dinner with all the Nowlins (and some additional lovers). It was such a blast and somewhat out of some peoples elements. We definitely learned what to do for next time, new knives that will actually cut the rolls will be the first thing i do. Some of us just gave up on trying to cut the rolls and ended up with sushi burritos. Which are just as tasty. Also I had WAY too many options for everyone, but that's not really a bad thing. I love our little booth diner style table, but we really do need more space for these kinds of parties. We were all very cozy at our table and it reminds me of times when i was a little kid and had to crawl under the table to get out. That didn't happen but at times I thought Dave was going to be found crawling under there. We had such a good time though and got to experience some new foods with each other. I perfected sushi rice and I'm pretty proud of that!

We are really going to miss the Nowlin family this Christmas, but I am so excited to see my family this weekend. They have new dogs that i get to meet and play with, and Tamales!!! One of the best things of earth and hand made by my mom, can't get any better than that.

we all wish out sushi looked this good last night

No comments:

Post a Comment