Wednesday, December 28, 2011

LA Christmas

This year was a new kind of Christmas for me (and even more so for Sam). We spent actual Christmas eve/day with my family in Laguna Nigel. For those of you that don't know where that is, think Laguna beach and then travel a few miles from there. It was really nice in LA, the weather was prefect. Too bad we didn't spend any of our time at the beach : (
My mom and step dad Ruben showed us some really beautiful places and we got to do a lot of things here. It just didn't seem like Christmas. I'm used to everyone being together, and being at home all day long cooking or watching a game. Now that my family has moved to southern California it was very different. We were gone all day (because you have to drive every where!) shopping or eating. Don't get me wrong I had a good time, I just wish we would have had more time together. My sister didn't even get to LA until after 4 on Christmas eve. Then we spent the rest of the time shopping. The events were just exhausting. The only thing that really didn't change was all the sister and brother fighting (just like the old days). I get annoyed by my family but now that that all the rest of the family (i.e aunts, uncles, cousins...) is far away I really missed it. I missed everyone coming over to my parents and just hanging out. 

We did do something very very very new this year, and we will never do it again.... Disneyland! I did not know that some many people wanted to go to this place on Christmas day. It was a zoo! And really fun. They even had snow! Snow people! In Disneyland. That was really exciting. I would have to say all and all it was a good holiday. Would I have changed things about it? Yea. For instance my mom made tamales and did I even eat one? NO! So sad. I hope everyone enjoyed their families and friends this Christmas. Now it's time to look forward to New years.

Pre christmas boy hang out.

Pre Christmas Girl hang out.

Hello at the beach and I'm not freezing. This is LA Christmas.

Sams' Breakfast
My Lunch (reason for no tamales eaten)





Christmas breakfast (also the reason why no tamales were eaten)

Rides
Front row of tower of terror. This ride makes me throw up.

The best people ever.


Disneyland.


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment