Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bake like the indians.

So this was another Tuesday at the Hurley's! It's always so fun and interesting, it's just great to be around people you love for a few hours. We just use baking for the boys as our excuse, but I love it (I'm sure the other ladies do too) So this Tuesday bake day we decided to make cheesecake, which is something I have never made before. I also did not take a before an after picture. However, the people at my office are enjoy the leftover cake that the boys didn't eat, so I am assuming that it's good, and being that I had a piece for breakfast I know it's good. You can never go wrong with a recipe from Joy of Cooking.

Any who we always cook a heart health option for Mr. George Hurley because he needs a treat too, and then a normal option for everyone else. I made a chocolate cheesecake with a teddy graham crust that was supposed to have a chocolate ganache on top, but I didn't have time to make it because I needed to get my love from work.

So sometimes we like to go back to the ways of the Indians, ok, only when we don't have two food processors. Susan is very resourceful though and found a hammer to crunch up her gluten free cookie crust.

I wore pig-tails just for the Indians. Its almost Thanksgiving right?


She's really good with processing food.


we couldn't get Susan to work because she was texting her very wonderful man.



little poo
The cakes turned out really good, I served mine a little too early so it was still mushy : ( but i tried it this morning and it was just perfect. Sam and I went to his parents and worked on the "purple kook" and then came back to the Hurley's and I snuggled with Chelsea, Erin, and Rachel while the boys watch SOA.


:)
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment